Friday, August 26, 2011

WEEK 10: ONE MORE GOAL ACHIEVED!

“Learning is finding out what you already know, doing is demonstrating that you know it, teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you do. We are all learners, doers, and teachers." by Richard David Bach.

This is one of my favorite quotes and I really wanted to share it with you today.

This week has been a time to reflect on all what I have learned and tried during this on-line training course. I can say that this learning process has not just been limited to acquiring knowledge on the use of technology and the different tools that the web offers. This course has also contributed to my personal growth since I have learned from my classmates’ experience, aspirations and dreams to become better English teachers by being perseverant, hardworking and open minded people who are willing to learn more and share it with our students. So even thought this is the last week, I am sure that this is not the end of a learning process, I would rather say this is beginning because during this period of time I have had the chance to see all the advantages of using technology in EFL teaching and I will continue to learn and improve as a teacher, and I know you will all do it. In fact, this week's task was to self-access our own level of technology integrations and think about a level we would like to be in a year. Please check the link below for more information.
http://loticonnection.com/index.php/resources/publications/20-loti-framework

Another thing I have to mention is that with this course I have learned that through the Internet I can help my students to develop their language skills, but most importantly I can help them learn about other people and get a better understanding of their culture, beliefs, and traditions which make each one of us unique and special. As teachers, all of us have the power “to touch the future” and with our job we have contribute to building a better and fair world.

To conclude, I would like to thank my instructors and all my classmates for letting me learn from them. I will miss you!!!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Wilma! It's true that we have so many readings and sites that we can learn again during a year (or more). It was a wonderful course with excellent organization of it, with positive learning environment, and so clever learners that could learn more and improve skills. I would like to tell you a Great Thanks for your great comments to my blog, for your comments in discussion and for a great Input for the whole learning process! I wish you Good Luck! I will so miss you! With love, Natalia (my e-mail is deryabki@msu.edu)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Natalia,
    Thank you for your comments.
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wilma,

    Learning is, indeed, a lifelong process, which is great, because there are always new things to discover and experiment!

    Thank you for your excellent comments and all the great ideas you shared with us!

    All the best for the future,
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wilma,

    It was a wonderful quote. Learning is an important aspect inlife. We are fortunate to be in front of groups and it is our duty to be ready for their needs. Thanks for being a nice web mate. I learn a lot from you.

    Best wishes,

    Omar Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Wilma,

    I love the quote that you posted. How nice to begin this course with a quote and to end it with a quote! I have so enjoyed working with you during this course, and I'm gratified and happy to hear that you've learned new tools to take into your classroom. i wish you the very, very best in all you do.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete